Hourly Salary Range: $27.13 – $33.84
Are you passionate about public service? The Contra Costa Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) seeks a talented and self-motivated individual to fill a part-time (20 hours per week) Executive Assistant position. Under the direction of the LAFCO Executive Officer, this position performs a variety of executive administrative and secretarial duties. The position includes benefits, serves “at will” and is exempt from FLSA overtime.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- Exercise discretion, good judgment and integrity in representing the Executive Officer and LAFCO
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent follow-through and time management skills
- Possess relevant office/computer skills to use a variety of equipment such as computers, copy machines and software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
For a complete job description and benefit information visit the LAFCO website at http://contracostalafco.org/
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, GED equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate.
Experience: Five (5) years of full-time (or the equivalent of full-time) experience performing clerical duties, at least two (2) years of which must have entailed executive secretarial responsibilities. Public sector experience highly desirable.
- Assembles LAFCO meeting agenda packets and notices of meetings; records LAFCO meetings and prepares resulting documents including minutes and resolutions
- Develops, maintains and updates LAFCO files and records systems for tracking applications, project activities, contracts, and other records
- Requisitions supplies and services and maintains records of expenditures
- Prepares and proofs correspondence, memoranda and other written materials
- Tracks correspondence, filings, and materials with deadlines and expiration dates
- Handles a variety of correspondence which requires knowledge of policies and procedures and research skills
- Answers and screens telephone calls and visitors
- Serves as liaison between the Executive Officer, officials and staff, and the public and interacts with Commissioners
- Application and Selection Process: If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Lou Ann Texeira, Executive Officer, Contra Costa LAFCO, 40 Muir Road, 1st Floor, Martinez, CA 94553 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submittal is 5:00 pm on February 20, 2020. Each candidate will be evaluated on the relevant education and experience as presented in the resume and cover letter.
- Interview: Following review of the cover letter and resume, a select group of the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
|DATE OPENED: January 23, 2020
DATE CLOSED: February 20, 2020